B: It was amazing when I found the old picture of my family.
C: A murderer who has committed a crime.
D: Not everyone deserves to be free for example a person in jail.
E: Plastic is a chemical that is polluting the oceans and bugs spray that kills insects is a good chemical.
F: Today is going to be a hot lazy afternoon.
_________________________________________________________________________________
b. quiet, withdrawn, glum
- She was very quiet as she tip-toed around the house.
In this sentence, the word quiet could not substitute because "she was very quiet" does not have the same connotation. Withdrawn does not have the same connotation as quiet and glum has a similar connotation but it would not make sense in this sentence.
c. shrewd, clever, cunning
-The little boys clever device helped solve our problems.
In this sentence, the word clever could not substitute because "little boys clever device" does not have the same connotation. Shrewd does not have the same connotation as clever and cunning does not have the same connotation as clever but it has a similar connotation with shrewd.
d. strange, bizarre, remarkable
-Last night, there was this strange frog just sitting on my patio.
In this sentence, the word strange could substitute because "there was this strange frog" is does have the same connotation. Bizarre does have the same connotation as strange, but remarkable would not fit into that sentence. Remarkable does not have the same connotation as strange or bizarre.
e. thrifty, miserly, economical
-Sometimes you want to live large, but sometimes you need to live thrifty.
In this sentence, the word thrifty couldn't substitute because "need to live thrifty" does not have the same connotation as miserly or economical. Miserly and economical has a similar connotation as each other but not for thrifty.
_________________________________________________________________
The word artist connotes to me personally. The reason why the word artist does is because I love to draw. I wouldn't consider myself an artist but when I think of the word artist I think of coloring's, paintings, etc. I didn't get the interest of art until I moved to Italy. There in Italy I saw the most breathe taking sights. For example the way the sunset went behind the mountains, a vineyard everywhere you turned, and the exotic flowers that were there. So one day I sat down and I drew out what I saw and then I painted it. Not trying to brag but for a 10 year old I was pretty good at it. I do have many paintings that I have painted and or drawn in my room. Ever since I left Italy I sort of stopped drawing I am not really sure why but I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment